Friday, February 3, 2012

Passion in Life and in Business.


   
   Photography has been a passion for me for many years.  Before I talk about the image above, I would like to share a little about my journey to where I am today. My father was an amateur photographer in the seventies and his nikon film camera is what I learned on.  When I was studying theatre in college I found photography had become a point of inspiration for my scenic and lighting designs.  This integration of art forms, as well as my love for graphic design fueled my quest for knowledge in photography.  By the time I had graduated and started working for a professional theatre company I had become extremely interested in wedding and portrait photography, which continues to be my focus today.

     Wedding Photography challenges me in fun and exciting ways.  It is fast paced and requires a great deal of energy. Having worked in theatre, I am no stranger to working under pressure.  I might go so far as to say I thrive in it.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to work with many wonderful brides who appreciate my tremendous energy and passion that I exhibiting without sacrificing calm professionalism when the need arises.  The challenges of wedding photography keep me on my toes and the reward for my effort is a lifetime of memories for the couple, beautifully captured.


     However, wedding photography has become a secondary focus for me for this year.  

     A few months ago something changed in my life that refocused my portrait photography and yet again reignited my passion for the art form.  My son, Jonathan Tatom was born.  If, a year ago, you had told me I would be photographing newborns I would have chuckled politely at your ignorance to my impatience.  Now, three and a half months after his birth, each time I get the opportunity to capture a moment of those first few days of the life of a child I feel blessed and fulfilled.  I also feel extremely honored that the parents would allow me to be one of the first few people to spend a significant amount of time with their new family, and trust me with their precious new life.

To say I am excited about the coming year is an understatement. I am thrilled beyond comprehension at my new boutique portrait focus.

     Thank you Jonathan for being the best thing that has happened to my life, my marriage, and my business.
From the heart,
Sarah Tatom

Wife-Mother-Photographer

This blog was inspired by a post in Nigel Merrick's 
Photography Business, SEO and Marketing Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment