Friday, January 27, 2012

Photography Friday: Canon vs Nikon


It's Photography Friday here at the Sarah Linnea Photography Blog.  From now until I get bored with the whole thing I will be blogging about various photography related subjects.

 and he is my mascot

Todays topic: Canon or Nikon the epic battle

When two photographer's battle

I shoot with a *^%$#   thats right-it doesn't matter folks.  It's kind of like choosing between Kroger Brand Tissue and Walmart brand tissue. Six of one, half a dozen of another.   There are certainly differences, but it is often a matter of personal preference.  I love my *^%$#.  I would never switch because I am very comfortable with how the *^%$# feels in my hand and the way it functions shoots and zooms. (Nikon and Canon zoom opposite directions!!)
So what does this tell you about what to buy?

S....L....R....?

Go to a local store and try out the camera's for yourself.  Hold them, touch them, click a few times.  If you are feeling really ambitious, rent a camera for the weekend.

and maybe get the insurance...

If you would like a relatively unbiased comparison of the different systems and what they have to offer I have researched a few. (as I am quite partial to my *^%$# I can't really offer an unbiased review)


Photo.net review
Digital-slr-guide.com
Google Search: Nikon Canon Epic Battle

If you are simply fed up with the whole battle...get a Sony.

and then send it to me as thanks for this fabulous blog article.

Whatever you decide - remember Your Right - and don't let those *^%$# users tell you otherwise!

Happy Shooting!

Sarah Tatom
Love and Lifestyle Photographer
Columbia, TN

If you have any photography related subjects you would like to see blogged about here leave a comment or send me a message  via my website (link)

Previous Photography Friday Blog - Coping with your DSLR

Future Photography Friday Blog - Considering being a Wedding Photographer? Step away from the red button!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love my ***** and like you, I chose it for how comfortable it is to hold in my hands, as well as a bit of trust in the manufacturer considering my old trusty point & shoot ***** was turned into a submarine by my then 2yo son. And it still worked despite it's journey 20,000 leagues under the sea (well, 6 inches under the pond). Grip and trust are what keeps me a *****. That said, you are absolutely correct - it doesn't matter, because no matter which you choose, you're going to get a damn good camera. ;) Fun post, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete